Thursday, January 15, 2009

Moved In

Moved into my dorm yesterday. I got lucky and was placed into regular student housing. So on top of having a roommate from the same program, I'm also living with two Israeli's and a girl from France.

Overall, everything is pretty good. I'm attempting to get used to the life of an Israeli. In order to save energy in water, we only turn the lights on when absolutely necessary and take quick bursted showers (meaning the water is only on when you are getting wet and washing off the suds). A system of drip irrigation is used not only for crops but also for small gardens.

Also, it is interesting to observe the security measures that are taken all over the city. Most public places (malls, cafes, etc.) hire security personnel to check your bags. One of the rooms in my apartment has a thick "blast" door that acts as a panic room. The blinds on all the windows are made of thick metal as well.

I swear pictures are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment